Principal Software Engineer
The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Principal Software Engineer on our Engineering Development team in Hanoi, Veitnam to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve:
As a Software Principal Engineer, you will be working in a sustaining engineering and support organization responsible for the technical support of factory test process and software that downloads software on client systems being built.
• Oversee the testing of hardware (laptop & desktop) after assembly before rolling out for shipment
• Oversee the software Installation for laptop & desktop (OS and other software like drivers)
• Work with external suppliers, cross-functional teams, and I/T.
• Collect issue category data and drive back to issue owners not only to solve the issue, but also improve process gaps and test coverage.
• Additional duties include taking leadership roles on technical/process improvement for the team, providing training and guidelines to internal and external team members on specifications and requirements of factory software install, and actively aligning with external teams about roles & responsibility and expectations.
• Software support, factory support, factory escalation processes, root cause failure analysis, development team support, software test support, software modifications as needed to correct or update code, and strong ownership of factory customers.
• Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
• At least 8 years relevant working experience in manufacturing/ production background with a Degree qualification.
• Good communication skill in English and Vietnamese
• Technical knowledge: Python, software testing and installation experience (especially in manufacturing environment)
• Good understanding of hardware and software interactions and demonstrate good working knowledge of PC architecture.
• Ability to assemble simple to highly complex hardware configurations including SCSI and Fiber Channel. Good understanding of client, network, and server interactions. Good understanding of VLANs, DNS, DHCP, & Access Control List (both at server level and network level). Strong grasp on the inter-workings of Microsoft Operating Systems (both client and server), Novell Netware, and Linux. Good understanding of software install tools and installation mechanism.
Thông tin khác
Competitive salary with attractive social allowance
Allowances work effectively on actual targets achieved
High opportunities of professional career path development and promotion
Nơi làm việc
Chú ý: Toàn bộ thông tin đăng tải thuộc quyền sở hữu của DELL GLOBAL BUSINESS CENTER. Chúng tôi chỉ đang cố gắng đưa thông tin nhanh nhất và chính xác nhất tới các bạn. Trường hợp phát hiện có nội dung không chính xác, các bạn có thể thông báo bằng cách liên lạc với chúng tôi qua cửa sổ liên lạc phía dưới-góc phải màn hình.